Evaluation Criteria for Mobile Processing
Credit card processors provide specialized services to allow a merchant on the go to accept credit cards when needed. Specialized devices are created so that the merchant can accept a credit card from a client if there is no alternative way to make the payment or if the merchant wants a simple way to handle transactions.
We evaluate the services that are provided by credit card processors and the equipment that is used to provide the services. We believe mobile processing is becoming an important part of marketing.
The first evaluation criterion is on stability. The service and equipment being used must be stable so that they work on the go. Having to constantly plug in a machine or charge a battery can cause problems when working all day and needing to be able to get around and service must be able to work well in different areas.
The next evaluation criterion is on flexibility. The equipment should be flexible in the sense that it can work under a lot of conditions and still be able to accept a wide variety of cards. The more cards that can be accepted by a service the better the possibility that the client will be able to pay for the services as soon as possible.
Our third evaluation criterion is on speed. The credit card processor should be able to provide the fastest speed possible for transactions on the go.
The next evaluation criterion is on ease of use. The equipment should be easy to use and operate on the go for the client and the merchant to be able to use.
The final evaluation criterion is on customer support. The card processor should be able to provide an expected level of support to its clients in regards to both the equipment and the service being provided. If the service goes down, then the company needs to be quick in resolving the issues.
- How did you find your current payment processor?
- What other payment processors, if any, have you used?
- How many transactions do you process per month?
- What would be three things you would change about your experience?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
- What type of mobile processing solution do you use?
- Are you able to accept payments anywhere? Are there any restrictions?
- Why did you select this mobile processing service?
- Are there any special features of the service that convinced you to sign up?
- How reliable is the mobile service? Are you happy with the achieved reliability?